Violation of the Acceptable Use Policy in part or whole may result in suspension or partial suspension of the service or in cases of a severe or repeat violation termination of the service.
GoZen Host Acceptable Use Policy is incorporated as part of the overall Terms of Service Agreement. You must agree in full to the Terms of Service Agreement prior to using the service.
Prohibited Resource Use
Users may not:
- Run any process that requires more than 128MB of memory space or uses more than 30 CPU seconds. This limitation does not apply to Managed Virtual Server (MVS) or Managed Server accounts.
- Consume more than an average of 2% of overall server resources over a 24 hour period. E.g. -- Consuming more than 30 minutes of CPU time would exceed 2% CPU usage over a 24 hour period. This limitation does not apply to Managed Virtual Server (MVS) or Managed Server accounts.
- Run any type of interactive chat software that requires server resources. Remotely-hosted services are allowed. This limitation does not apply to Managed Virtual Server (MVS) or Managed Server accounts.
- Run background processes at any point in time on the server. This limitation does not apply to Managed Virtual Server (MVS) or Managed Server accounts.
- Run any cron jobs or scheduled tasks more than once per five (5) minute period. This limitation does not apply to Managed Virtual Server (MVS) or Managed Server accounts.
- Run any software that interacts with an Internet Relay Chat (IRC) network.
- Run any type of security, port or vulnerability scan or conduct load or benchmark testing either directly or indirectly. This limitation does not apply to Managed Virtual Server (MVS) or Managed Server accounts.
- Run any process which interacts with the MySQL database service using persistent connections. This limitation does not apply to Managed Virtual Server (MVS) or Managed Server accounts.
GoZen does not allow any of the following to be hosted:
- Illegal Material - Includes transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights used without proper authorization or material that violates export control laws.
- Adult Material - Includes all pornography, erotic images, or otherwise lewd or obscene content. The designation of "adult material" is left entirely to the discretion of GoZen.
- Warez - Includes pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking, IP spoofing, and encrypted or password protected versions of any of the above. Also includes any sites which provide "links to" or "how to" information about such material.
- Vulnerable Scripts - Includes scripts (inclusive of all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins) with known security vulnerabilities. E.g. -- An outdated Joomla or Drupal install. Customer must keep all scripts hosted under their account up-to-date and properly secured.
- Other Material - Includes material that is obscene, indecent, defamatory, or constitutes an illegal threat. Also includes material GoZen feels to be abusive or could affect the operation of the service or affect other users of the Internet.
Zero Tolerance Spam Policy
GoZen Host takes a zero tolerance stance against the sending of unsolicited email. Users may not send unsolicited email which is email that is sent to recipients who have not opted-in to mailings from the user.
Users who send mass mailings must maintain complete and accurate records of all consents and opt-ins and provide such records to GoZen upon request. If a user cannot provide positive and verifiable proof of such consents and opt-ins, we will consider the mass mailing to be unsolicited. Users are prohibited from operating mailing lists that do not target an audience that has voluntarily signed up for email information using an opt-in process.
Any mailing list must also allow any party on the list to remove itself automatically and permanently and be operated in accordance with any applicable law or regulation.
No High Risk Use
You may not use Services provided by GoZEN Host in any situation where failure or fault of the Services could lead to death or serious bodily injury of any person, or to physical or environmental damage. For example, you may not use, or permit any other person to use, the Services in connection with aircraft or other modes of human mass transportation or nuclear or chemical facilities.
You must comply with the laws and regulations applicable to bulk or commercial email in your jurisdiction. In addition, your bulk or commercial email must meet the following requirements:
- You must have the means to track anonymous complaints;
- You must not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner.
- You must post an email address for complaints (such as abuse[@]domain.com) in a conspicuous place on any website associated with the email, and you must promptly respond to messages sent to that address;
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure, and you can produce the evidence of such consent within 72 hours of receipt of a request by the recipient or Rackspace;
- You must use reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You must include the recipient's e-mail address in the body of the message or in the "TO" line of the e-mail.
- You must honor revocations of consent and notify recipients of the same;
These policies apply to messages sent using the Services, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via the Services. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers. These requirements apply to distribution lists created by third parties to the same extent as if you created the list.
No account may send in excess of two hundred (200) emails per one (1) hour or two thousand (2000) emails per twenty-four (24) hours. This limitation does not apply to Managed Virtual Server (MVS) or Managed Server accounts.
Users are allocated a monthly data transfer allowance. This allowance varies depending on the hosting plan purchased. Should an account exceed the allocated amount we reserve the right to suspend the service until the start of the next allocation, suspend the service until more data transfer is purchased at an additional fee or suspend the service until the user upgrades to a higher level of hosting plan. Managed Server accounts may have the option of being charged an additional fee for any overages at a prior agreed overage rate.